This is a collection of thoughts and statements about things that annoy me. I am a big, angry man. Hear me roar, or piss off and give me peace.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Buckfast advertise on football kits?

"Drinks advert ban for children's replica kit"

The Portman Group are proposing a ban on alcohol advertising on replica sports kits.

I haven't noticed Buckfast, Mad Dog 20/20, or White Lightning being advertised on sports kits, and as such would suggest that these so called experts are, in fact, experts in fuck all.

The youth will drink Buckfast, cider and whatever, whether or not it is advertised on sports kits. Same way as they will take up smoking no matter whether it's advertised on formula 1 cars.

Don't be so naive as to think that by removing a logo from a T shirt, that the world will become a better place. The next person who says "Won't someone think of the children?" should be shot in the face. Twice.

No comments: