This is a collection of thoughts and statements about things that annoy me. I am a big, angry man. Hear me roar, or piss off and give me peace.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Non emergency 999

Isn't that the number for the local police station - you know, the one that's in the phone book?

Who are these idiots?

The Hootsman would have us believe that the general public are too stupid to look at a phone book... How do people survive in this world if they're phoning 999 to report something that isn't an immediate threat to life or limb? Calling the local police station to report someone trying to nick a bike is a hell of a lot more sensible than calling 999... I would like to have a bit more faith in folk having some common sense, but time after time, I end up being bitterly disappointed.

As for the people who dial 999 to ask the time, ask to get driven home, and all other nonsense... Can we shoot them?

No comments: