This is a collection of thoughts and statements about things that annoy me. I am a big, angry man. Hear me roar, or piss off and give me peace.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A look into the future from our Nationalist overlords...

The SNP apparently want to reduce road deaths, sorry, carnage, by introducing a raft of new laws to prevent teenage motorists from driving dangerously...

The Hootsman on Sunday reports that...

All 17 to 19-year-olds face night-time curfews and will not be allowed to carry teenage passengers in a bid to reduce the "carnage" that sees dozens of youngsters killed in late night accidents.


And a whole host of other noble ideas, none of which will have any effect. I always thought that it was my age group - males 20 to 30, who can afford a half decent motor, and think they can drive like maniacs - that were the cause of most of the carnage on the roads. Us and women drivers. (Kidding).

I fail to understand how creating yet more laws (and how on earth are they going to be enforced?) will solve the country's motoring problems... Try enforcing the existing laws, and not ostracising a large portion of young people!

As an acquaintance of mine famously said...

"If regulation could make the world a better place, then we would already all be living in paradise. And clearly we are not."

No comments: