This is a collection of thoughts and statements about things that annoy me. I am a big, angry man. Hear me roar, or piss off and give me peace.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Attack of the Evil Terrorist Photographers!

Via The Register, a chap got arrested for taking pictures of Chatham High Street.
"Alex Turner was taking snaps in Chatham High St last Thursday, when he was approached by two unidentified men. They did not identify themselves, but demanded that he show them some ID and warned that if he failed to comply, they would summon police officers to deal with him."
We are seeing more and more of this sort of nonsense, with jumped up officious little twats in the police harassing people in the street and abusing their power.

I am with the Anonymous Coward on TheReg, who suggests:
"Someone should start a twit/book campaign for a national "photograph the police" day, if everyone is doing it, they can't stop us all"


All this CCTV around these days, and when that chap took a photo, the police claimed to feel threatened. Well boo-fucking-hoo. And then the police wonder why people don't trust or respect them!

There's a reckoning coming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What you failed to mention Mr Steve, was that the reason the polis threatened to arrest the bloke was that he was "too tall", hence why they felt threatened! He was 5' 10" for fuck sake!!!

This brings me to my point:
Mr Steve, you'd better watch out! If you show up in town with a camera and considering your stature, I think the polis will all just crap themselves and call out an Armed Response Unit!!!!