This is a collection of thoughts and statements about things that annoy me. I am a big, angry man. Hear me roar, or piss off and give me peace.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

EU MS Ruling

Being an angry man, and systems administrator, I hate all software, hardware and lusers, sorry, users.

Reading The Register, I noticed that some more buffoonery has occurred in the EU courts regarding Microsoft.

From the BBC report,
"Ms Kroes described the victory as "bittersweet", saying that software customers still have no more choice than they did three years ago."

Well, you can always choose Linux. Bwahahahaha, the fools!

Apparently MS was "ordered to make a version of its Windows operating system available without Microsoft's Media Player software." Because that'll make a big fucking difference. Which dolt came up with that?

Even more amusing is the fine to be paid by MS - €497m - I wonder if Bill will roll up and pay it in cash. Fuck it, he should just buy the court.

MS should appeal this utterly pointless decision. Not only do I believe that the European Courts are a waste of time, that Europe as a political power is a waste of time and money, but why should MS comply with the ruling?

As much as I hate a lot of the software from MS, they are the de-facto standard for a desktop OS, and office suite. Look at Openoffice... "What's that?" I hear you say... It's a pile of shite is the answer. MS have got where they are by being good enough that everyone that isn't a Mac luddite, or "I build my own computer" Linux fanboy uses it in business, schools and homes.

MS should tell the EU to fuck its self, and write it's own software. It wouldn't take long for the ruling to be overturned if people who previously suckled on the tit of MS rose up when they couldn't get their software fix.

No comments: