This is a collection of thoughts and statements about things that annoy me. I am a big, angry man. Hear me roar, or piss off and give me peace.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Webby?

As I was out looking around the interweb.www, I stumbled across the Webby awards...

Apparently Facebook has been nominated in the "Best Practices" category - would that be the same Facebook which had (has?) so many privacy issues?

Political Blog has the Grauniad's Comment is Free... Trouble is, with comment is free is that you get what you pay for. Utter shite.

Humour - I refuse to spell that the American way, as on the webby-site. I Can Has Cheezburger? - I have to admit, I do sometimes giggle at some of the submissions.

News - I have mixed feelings about the BBC being there. Whilst I like to think the BBC news can be very good, some of the shameless corrupting of the news, by the biased-BBC is intolerable.

Newspaper - The Guardian. Oh dear.

Restaurant - McDonalds? What the holy hell is that doing there? Having that there would mean acceptance that McDonalds sells food. It clearly does not, and therefore cannot be considered a restaurant.

So, I have wasted half an hour or so looking at some of these links, and can't help that "webby" isn't really the name for that site. "Pishy" would be much more appropriate.

No comments: