This is a collection of thoughts and statements about things that annoy me. I am a big, angry man. Hear me roar, or piss off and give me peace.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Because a yellow box will really stop a mugger

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Apparently young offenders are going to be let out to paint yellow "privacy" boxes next to ATMs, according to this BBC article.
"Pilots have shown that 'privacy spaces' can reduce crime at bank machines"
Pilots? What? Space cadets more like!

As if painting a yellow box near an ATM is going to put off the ignorant bastards that loiter close to you, or even better, ask you for spare change at the ATM. Like I am going to give them a tenner. Surely it's not a great leap of logic that you go to the money machine when you're skint. Furthermore, yellow boxes will further confound the morons who don't know how to queue at ATMs.

Can't we rely on common sense? Apparently not.

No comments: