This is a collection of thoughts and statements about things that annoy me. I am a big, angry man. Hear me roar, or piss off and give me peace.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Edinburgh for Edinburgers!

Well, the festival is well and truly over.

This past week, I have enjoyed being able to walk into my favourite restaurants without having to book. I am once again able to hail a hackney conveyance in the street without waiting for a ridiculously long time.

I have friends who run bars and restaurants, who tell me the takings are fab over the festival - however, they're inclined to agree about being unable to get from one end of the city to the other.

Edinburgh City Council, of course, have started another batch of road works - not content with making motorists lives a misery before the festival, the after festival works are well and truly here...

Apparently residents have been asking for more residents' parking spaces - so CEC have duly painted in some more in Marchmont, Bruntsfield, The Grange, and somewhere near Leith St / London Road. The residents' bays opposite my flat are empty, so it clearly wasn't anybody here... Paying the council for the option of parking somewhere near where you live has never really appealed to me - hence I don't run a car here... But I am not at all convinced by the money grabbing, motorist hating council and their need for extended residents' parking zones.

Well, at least we don't have congestion charging.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

It's time to start an `End the Festival to Save the Planet' campaign. Clearly, all these tourists are producing huge quantities of the _E_V_I_L_ carbon dioxide in travelling to and from the 'bro. This must be stopped! Think of the poor little puppies and kittens who will suffer in the heat! The horror, the horror...

Stamp out tourism now I say!!!!!

Johnny