This is a collection of thoughts and statements about things that annoy me. I am a big, angry man. Hear me roar, or piss off and give me peace.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Rail fares to rise by up to 10% in Scotland

As if my day couldn't get any worse...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4505914.stm

My train was 15 minutes late this morning, getting me in to the orifice at about 09:20.
They announce on the BBC website today that train fares in Scotland are likely to increase (again) shortly. I am fuming.

We commuters are over a barrel. They know this, we know this, and they still take the mickey, and we still travel on the trains. Why? Because we have to.
I wouldn't mind an increase if it weren't for these two simple points... My season ticket, even with a 5% discount for First Scotrail being crap last year cost more than the undiscounted ticket for the year before, that and the trains still don't run on time.

A week or two ago, the 08:45 Fife Circle service left Waverley some time after 09:15 (I hopped platforms to the Markinch service, which is timetabled to leave at 09:15, and did leave on time...) However, that's a half hour delay to the start of my working day. First Scotrail haven't bothered to reply to my email regarding the service that morning.

No comments: